Monday, August 2, 2021

lately I've been loving

 I’ve never done a post like this, but I love reading them. I'll take any opportunity to use something other than just words to describe my current mood. I do adore writing, but I can never seem to say EXACTLY what I mean. You know? 

Also, shout out to my new follower, McKayla. Welcome, welcome there's still time to escape. 

Enchanted 



Edward is such a charmer.


Nancy's storyline is beautiful. 

This is on my list of favorite movies. It’s not a very long list, mind you, it’s PRETTY exclusive. This movie always makes me happy and it is deep enough to make me think about my life too, which all great movies should. The messages: dreams do come true. never stop trying to make your life a fairytale, never settle. always honor your emotions. face real-life problems head on. It GENUINELY helps me to remember to DREAM BIG and be myself. 

Monk fruit sweetened coffee

Sugar makes me feel like I have cancer. So I’ve been drinking these sugar free plant based coffees and they are delicioussss. 

Little trips

My sisters and I have taken several little trips to the park, to grandma's (where we promptly ate her food, used her shower, and broke her laundry machine. true story.) and to the bookstore because why not? It's nice to get a change of scenery. 

Long flowing hair

Do I have it anymore? No. Am I bitter about it? Maybe. But I do have a new goal to grow my hair out and to keep it healthy this time so I don’t feel the need to cut it again. I have this thing about hair… I hate it. Hate how it feels, hate how it gets tangled, hate brushing it ehghhfkiheski it’s disgusting but so pretty what do I do. 

Falling by Emmy Rossum, Bridges by Broods & Someday from Thumbelina

All whimsical songs that make me feel like I’m somewhere special and free.

Going makeup-free

Mostly because I’ve started a new job and I can’t be bothered right now. But I forgot how nice it feels to wake up and not worry about makeup, to touch my face throughout the day, and to come home and splash water on my face without sitting there scrubbing every single eyelash. I still wear makeup but I think I'd like to do it less often.  

Being kinder to myself/ self reflection


This is difficult for me. I have a habit of being hard on myself, what can I say? But someone told me my feelings matter and I haven't been able to forget about that since. So, lately I've been testing that theory out. What would happen if I valued myself more? If I listened to myself more? If I cherished myself more? So far, only good things.

Giving my worries to God


Also hard for me. But so very rewarding when I can manage it. Thank you, God. 

Pumpkin

She’s my three footed cat and I adore her. She curls up very close to me every night, rolled in a swirl like a cinnamon bun. 

Lasagna

Kinda nasty but really good at the same time. Sometimes I just love food that makes me feel like my mom made me dinner again. Like soup or toast. Those mom-ish foods. 

Green Renaissance

Beautiful videos. Just stunning. My sister showed me this channel, and I instantly thought, "why do I watch anything but these?". They talk of life, love, loss, and they give you a new perspective which can be very hard to come by. 

Feminine energy


I've been getting in touch with it more. Realizing it has a great amount of value. More on this later. 

My journal key necklace

I have this fancy purple journal that has a gold heart lock and key that keeps all of the (blank) pages secret. I never use it because I don't like journaling. Sooooooo I strung the key for it on a necklace so I could live my childhood dream of being "that girl who has her secret journal key around her neck because her secrets are so secret." I just have to add the secrets.

Those are all the things I've been loving. What have you been doing, feeling, thinking, or NOT thinking? Do share.


No comments:

Post a Comment