Wednesday, October 9, 2024

autumn tag || 2024

I filled out an autumn tag to welcome the fall season. this week I was able to slip a couple of sweaters on, wear a jacket, and switch to my long pajama pants. it's getting cooler and the sun is still set when I wake up for class. I shall try to keep my habit of purchasing a hot drink every day I work or have class under control... we'll see if I'm more successful than I was last year. 

this tag is from mckenna @cozykitsune
























spooky autumn or cozy autumn? || cozy autumn. I am not a spooky halloweenie person. I prefer more season-centric celebrations. 

a fall activity you'd like to try? || every year, my sisters, my love, and I go to our local apple orchard and get apple cider, walk the corn maze, and pick the fresh apples. I look forward to it every year.

ghoul, ghost, or monster? || monster. like werewolves, vampires, or puckish dark elves. I am a fantasy fan, not a supernatural fan. 

favorite animated spooky film? || song of the sea. it is not "spooky" per se, but the movie takes place on halloween and it features ancient celtic creatures.

gore, supernatural, or thriller? || gore. I do not like scary movies. I am too empathetic and I will be upset by them for months after I watch them. but I've never been very bothered by gore. 
 
something you're excited to wear this fall? || I have a houndstooth skirt and a black skirt that I have already been wearing with black tights and it makes me feel like Amy Pond. I am excited to try all sorts of different combinations and layers. also, I quite like deep red/burgundy and autumn is the best time to wear it. 

song that reminds you of autumn? || words as weapons by Birdy,  vincent (starry starry night) by Josh Groban, I see fire by Ed Sheeran.

what did you dress up as last Halloween? || I don't dress up for halloween anymore. it would be fun to dress up for passing out candy or for a party but I haven't done so in my adult years. the last halloween costume I ever wore as a trick-or-treator was Lucy Pevensie. 

would you prefer your arms or legs to be chilly? || I hate being cold. I hate being cold. I hate being cold. neither of the above options, thank you. but if I had to choose, I'd say cold legs over arms. when my arms are cold my whole body feels cold. 

favorite autumn leaf? || the crispy crunchy kind that I like to step on on my walks.

what is your favorite fall food? || I make a pumpkin pecan coffee cake that my love really enjoys and I cannot wait to bake it for the first time this year! my favorite fall food would be pumpkin mac n' cheese.

favorite fall makeup look? || lately I want to wear a deep burgundy lipstick. or a burnt orange and bronze eyeshadow combination. 

the sound of falling rain or a crackling fireplace? || falling rain is one of my favorite sounds, but I prefer spring or summer rains. autumn rain can feel depressing to me. so I will chose crackling fire. it is alive and it is warm and bright. I  l o v e  bonfires. 

I tag anyone who wants to sink into the blanket of autumn that is settling on us. I enjoyed filling this out. I may create an autumn tag of my own soon if the creativity strikes me. 

-from Nie

3 comments:

  1. Song of the Sea was such a cute film! I haven't seen it in years!
    Many, many moons ago, when I first got Pinterest, some of the very first pins to go into my board for outfit ideas were Amy Pond's outfits. I especially loved the red long sleeve top, the black skirt, leggings, and blue converse that she wore in the episode where her, the Doctor, River Song, and a military team go into the mountain to investigate the crashed space ship. Anyway, you just reminded me that I still want to dress like her!
    That pecan coffee cake sounds scrumptious! If it's not a carefully guarded family secret, I'd love to have the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to stop myself from acting surprised when you tell me you know exactly what I am talking about haha. yes, I adore the animation style of Song of the Sea and the peaceful music!
      oh my goodness, YES, that's one of her best outfits and that's a great episode.
      I have been wanting to make a recipe post, so I will chose the coffee cake and share it :) it's not secret - just delicious

      Delete
    2. I know what you mean!! Like, genuinely, why do we like/watch/read/listen to all the same things?! lol!
      And thank you, can't wait for that recipe post!

      Delete